- Breast cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death in women in the United States.
- 1 in 8 women in the United States will develop breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Mammography is considered to be the gold standard of breast cancer screening and diagnosis.
- Early detection of breast cancer by mammography has been shown to decrease breast cancer deaths by 30%.
- The American Cancer Society, American College of Radiology, and American College of Breast Surgeons all recommend yearly screening mammography for women beginning at age 40.
- Women at a high risk should begin yearly screening mammography as early as age 30, but no sooner than age 25.
Jefferson City Medical Group offers two state-of-the-art Hologic full-field digital mammogram units. Digital mammography has been shown to significantly increase breast cancer detection in women less then 50 years of age, women with dense breast and pre- or perimenopausal woman of any age.
Computer Aided Detection
Our digital mammography is performed in conjunction with computer aided detection (CAD). Use of CAD has shown to increase the detection of breast cancer by greater then 20% over mammograms interpreted without CAD.
Our radiologist are all board-certified. In addition, we offer the full gamut of imaging procedures (ultrasound, Breast MRI) and imaging guided biopsy techniques to meet your women’s imaging needs.
JCMG Mammography is accredited by the American College of Radiology and Food and Drug Administration.
To schedule your mammogram at JCMG today, call your primary care doctor or the JCMG radiology department at 573-556-7755 (Monday-Friday 7am to 5pm).
IMPORTANT NOTE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER, ARE 40 OR OLDER, HAVE NO BREAST SYMPTOMS AND HAVE NOT HAD A MAMMOGRAM IN THE LAST YEAR:
You can “self-request” a mammogram. Please feel free to contact JCMG Radiology for any and all questions regarding mammography or your medical imaging needs: