- You must have someone drive you home after the procedure is completed.
- Please avoid Aspirin, NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naprosyn, Motrin, Naproxen, Advil, Mobic etc), and alcoholic beverages for 5 days prior to the procedure. All of these thin your blood which increase your risk factor for bleeding. Tylenol is ok to use.
- IF you are taking Coumadin/Warfarin, Plavix, Effient, Pletal or Aggrenox or any other blood thinning medication, please ask your prescribing doctor to see if you are able to stop those medications 5-7 days prior to your procedure. If you are unable to come off those medications, please contact our office prior to your procedure.
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. However, if your procedure is later in the day, the morning of your exam you may have clear liquids 4 hours prior to your procedure time. NO FOOD. For example, water, coffee, tea, soda or clear juice.
- You may take your blood pressure or heart medications with a small sip of water the morning of your procedure.
If you have any questions about your colonoscopy or how to take your bowel preparation, please do not hesitate to call our office …573-556-5736 please select option #4.
It is important that my office be notified of any reschedule or cancellation at least 2 days prior to scheduled procedure. There may be a $75 reschedule fee if this is not done.